The mission of MAM is to provide musical opportunities that expand the performer’s creative, artistic and recreational goals, and enrich the lives of audiences in the greater metropolitan area.
To establish a strong financial base, top quality music leadership, a powerful marketing message announcing concerts and special events, and a comprehensive process to solicit new ensemble members reflecting a diverse community. This will be done in order to continue to insure high quality music experiences for ensemble members and to provide an enjoyable music experience for audience participants well into the future.
- The customers of MAM consist of two important groups. The first group consists of members of the ensembles who pay fees and dues in order to play and/or sing with the best conductors available, for quality training and performance experiences. The second group consists of members of the general public who love to listen to quality music and who support MAM through their attendance, the purchase of CDs, donations, and applause.
- The City of Minnetonka, community groups, foundations, and local businesses that are the primary source or operational revenue for MAM.
- In all interactions, MAM will operate at the highest ethical standards, insuring the safe welfare of all participants in the MAM ensembles.
- MAM will work to insure compliance with the American Disabilities Act, doing is necessary to enable musicians and the listening audience easy access to practice and concerts.
- MAM will select the best possible conductors, accompanists, principals, and leadership in order to insure that MAM represents the community of Minnetonka in the best manner possible, consistent with our mission.
- MAM values its employees and talent as the most important assets. Therefore MAM will:
- Treat all employees with respect and dignity
- Continue to develop a working environment that promotes professional and personal growth.
- Value and respect employees as they perform professionally, exhibit innovation, honesty, and mutual respect.
- MAM will work to be a change agent in improving the musicality of all participants in the MAM ensembles. Quality, improvement, enjoyment, and excellence are the operative goals of MAM.